Let’s talk collaborations creatives! Have you collaborated in your business yet? When I first started off as a designer the first thing I did was collaborate on a styled shoot with fellow creatives. It was the best thing I could have ever done for my business, not only did I meet some amazing vendors who have become friends I also had a chance to see their style of work and how they worked as they did me. This helped me to start my referral list of vendors and year of business 50% off my weddings came from those vendors.
I have since moved to the bay and used the same strategy to get me going. There are so many ways as creatives we can collaborate with anything from styled shoots to workshops, this will help you grow your relationships as well as work and learn from someone else in your field. Let’s jump into some ways for you to collaborate with other creatives.
- Styled Shoot
- This is the perfect way to bring some amazing creatives together to create a beautiful wedding display.
- You will have gorgeous photos for your portfolio
- This is a great chance for you to celebrate your fellow creatives by submitting your team’s wonderful work for publication
- Workshop’ s
- Team up with your fellow creative maybe a calligrapher or a florist and host a 4 hr workshop and exhibit your skills. Now this can also be a way to connect with future couples
- Host a webinar for your future couples for example – The best way to create your seating chart
- Host a workshop and collaborate with one of your favorite venue’s & set up a display so you are showcasing your work but also educating couple on wedding planning
- Team up with a group of wedding planners and flowers etc and set up a shoot out where you invite fellow photographers to come out and shoot your work
- This will help build your portfolio, showcase all your vendors and will give your vendors so many designs to capture
This is just some of the ways you can collaborate with other creatives. Remember this is a chance to connect and build lasting relationships with other creatives. This industry is all about making lasting relationships and really getting to know support and celebrate each other. Don’t be afraid to reach out and get to know your fellow creative friends with either a virtual coffee date or in person coffee date or if your me lets meet for donuts. Check out my friends over at Covelle they run an awesome collaboration platform. Goodluck Creatives now go collaborate and if you want to have a virtual coffee date hit me up I would love to chat.
Photo: Studio Dizon